Friends of Historic Kingston
Since its founding, FHK has led efforts to highlight landmarks and local history by providing education and advocacy for the City of Kingston.
In 1975, The Friends purchased the ruins of the 17th century Louw-Bogardus house near the northwest corner of the 1658 stockade and began an ongoing project to stabilize the building and maintain the green park space.
FHK opened the Fred J. Johnston House Museum and the FHK Gallery in 1997 at the corner of Main and Wall Streets, in uptown Kingston. Today, Friends offers changing exhibits, house tours, guided walk tours of the Stockade and Rondout Historic Districts, special events and publications related to the stories of the city of Kingston.